Safe in Dance International (SiDI) believes that it is the right of everyone involved in dance to teach, study, train, rehearse and perform in a safe and supportive environment. With this in mind we support, develop, encourage and endorse the implementation of healthy dance practice worldwide.
Whether you know it as Safe Dance Practice, Dancer Wellness or Healthy Dance Practice, Safe in Dance International aims to ensure a better, longer, more effective and less injured dance experience for anyone who dances, whether professionally, in competition or for recreation.
SiDI, with the support of international dance science experts and organisations, has developed the international benchmark standard for Healthy Dance Practice for anyone working in the studio with dancers and for dancers themselves. We endorse the good and best Healthy Dance Practice/ Dance Wellness of organisations, colleges, and individuals.
We do this through offering:
- Certification of the knowledge and understanding of the 10 core principles of Healthy Dance Practice
- Courses, both online and in person
- Endorsement of good and best practice in Healthy Dance Practice
- A service to develop and endorse healthy practice within college, university programmes
- Advice and support to professional companies to improve dancer health
- Embedding our certification within university programmes
All of our courses and certification offer endorsed continuing professional development
Safe in Dance International work internationally across all dance sectors, genres and communities.
Let us endorse your practice.