Safe Dance Practice Professional Development Course
July 22nd – July 25th 2019
At University of Chichester Department of Dance
Do you want to enhance your understanding of the dancing body and mind so that you can advance the potential of yourself and your dancers, and minimise injury risks? Then this course is for you!
This practical four-day course is for current teachers of dance in any style, as well as students in their latter stages of their studies who may wish to pursue dance teaching upon graduation. The course will cover required knowledge for pursuit of the Certificates in Healthy Dance Practice, awarded by Safe in Dance International (SiDI www.safeindance.com). It is delivered by a leading dance teacher and dance science practitioner, who is also a registered course provider for SiDI and co-author of the book Safe Dance Practice. An Applied Dance Science Perspective.
Topics covered across the four days of delivery include:
• Preparation for and recovery from dance practice
• Anatomy and alignment for dance
• Session progression and sequencing
• Integrating supplementary training
• Fundamental nutrition and hydration for dance
• Creating positive learning environments
• Dance injury awareness and management
• Ensuring a safe dance environment
• Consideration of the above principles as applied to different dancing populations (e.g. adolescents, elderly, disabled)
Guidance will also be offered to those who wish to pursue the Certificates in Healthy Dance Practice, awarded by Safe in Dance International (SiDI) and have their healthful dance practice endorsed by this industry standard organisation. A separate one-to-one session will be offered at a later date (within 6-months of the course) for anyone submitting their materials for the certification.
The course will run alongside our Dance Summer Intensive and will offer daily morning technique class from a range of professional dance teachers.
Click here to book.
Online Course – Preparing for Safer Dance Practice Certificate
- Course is built on four units:
- Preparing the Dance Space
- Protecting the Dancer
- Protecting the Dance Leader
- From Preparation to Application (putting theory into practice and context)
- Cost: £70
More details click here