Professional Dancers or dancers in training want to increase their technical skill, optimize their performance ability, have a long and successful career in dance at the same time as minimizing their risk of injury. The information a dancer gains through undertaking our certification will support them throughout their dancing lives and beyond.
We generally recommend that dancers undertake the Healthy Dancer Certificate, which can help dancers to:
- Increase longevity in the dance profession
- Look after their own health and wellbeing
- Understand how to minimize risk of injury in an increasingly demanding profession
- Understand how to undertake more complex and demanding technical and choreographic challenges with less risk of injury to themselves
- Better manage the pressures of class, rehearsal and performance and understand the value of rest and recovery
- Provide themselves with a stepping stone to a future career as a dance teacher/ leader